Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Half Marathon, Full Man

When Lance told me his brother talked him into running a half marathon, I couldn't believe that he would actually go through with it. I still think he's crazy, but I sure am proud of him! With only five weeks of training behind him (normal is 12), he completed the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon in an impressive 1 hour and 37 minutes. Although it was difficult, it felt pretty awesome to get active again and achieve a goal, and Lance is finding that running can actually be quite addicting.  He and Stuart are already looking into running another Half before the season is over!  Way to go, Lance!
Waiting patiently for Daddy at the finish line.

He made it!!
Congratulatory hugs. I didn't realize it at the time, but you can tell from the picture that Lance is about to fall over. In retrospect, I guess handing over the kids after running 13.1 miles wasn't the best idea...
The Rees Family Runners! Lance and Stuart did the Half, and Jamie and Morgan ran the 5K.
Lance with some members of our ward who were also crazy enough to run 13.1 miles. Way to go!
Jonathan checking out Daddy's medal. Is this thing real?
In Lance's participant "goodie bag" he got a removable tattoo, which Andy now sports.
Andy showing off his muscles!
 In other news, it has now been two months since Jonathan started his helmet therapy. He had an appointment today, and in the hopes that we would be done with it, I took these "last" photos during breakfast. Turns out he'll still be wearing it at least another month, but the photos are definitely worth sharing. Such a cutie!

Mmm... raspberries!




4 comments:

  1. Such super cute pictures, the one with Andy in the tub is a winner. I wish I could have a print for my wall. Congrats Lance! NO way I cod ever get addicted to running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lance!! I'm amazed how you can do it! I'll trip myself less a block to continue the marathon.. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that my body only wants to get addicted to chocolate? I worked for several months to try to be able to run 5K in 30 minutes (6mph) and never got there. I did get to the point where I could run the whole way without stopping, but I hated it the entire time. I think the whole 'runner's high' thing is a myth. :)

    Awesome job, Lance, though! And, as always, super cute boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Heather your kids are so adorable!! and CONGRATS to Lance! impressive time!! I've signed up to do the Rock and Roll half marathon in Las Vegas... I'm so nervous!

    ReplyDelete